Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Welcome to 2008! I have been enticed to join several UFO challenges this year....maybe I'll get some done! So, for the Common Threads group - here are my 10. I did change a few from the original list I posted this morning....I couldn't find them quickly to photograph them.




#1: Flannel Bow Ties. This one is for my dad. I started it a year ago, and shamefully, I haven't finished it. Not even close! So, with renewed effort, I'll dig in!




#2: Pineapple Blossom. This one is for a co-worker who is going through breast cancer treatment. So far, so good. She's done 3 rounds of chemo....and will find out tomorrow what is next! Another one I need to get on quickly!





#3: 30's Row Robin. Originally for my daughter's bed, I think it might end up a wall quilt in her room. Right now it's square. I'd have to add a few rows to make it bed sized. We'll see what strikes my fancy when this number is called!








#4: One Block Wonder. A guild project - so far, I've cut my strip and pinned. Next to sub cut strips and 60 degree triangles.....







#5: Goose in the Pond. A guild signature Friendship quilt from 1994? Something like that! I love the block, and I'd love to get this one together and on my bed!




#6: Craker Blocks: A small quilt, but fun! I need to make more blocks for the border...



#7: Stack-N-Slash Stars: This was inspired by a Stack-n-Slash 9-patch class we had a guild. Karen O came home and said, "I bet we can do it in a star" and figured it out. This was the one I came up with!

#8: Chunky Funky Monkey: A guild Friendship Block I handed out in 2007. Super easy block - should turn out really fun!
#9: Triple Four Patch: Another guild Friendship Block from 2005/2006. I was inspired by the Common Threads swap, just couldn't participate at the time. Loved the block, so I did it locally. Can't wait to put this one together!
#10: Last, but not least, the Cinderella Blocks. I'm finally going to put these together!



Wow. This is going to be a very fun year! I better rev up my sewing machine!

1 comment:

Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Great new blog layout! The UFOs look fun--we'll need to encourage each other to post weekly updates of our progress. Can't wait to hear the first number called...it's like a fun game of BINGO!
Karen