Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Baby, it's COLD outside!










It has been a COOOOOLD couple of weeks! Olivia was to be the student of the week, and needed a picture of where she lived, so Kevin took her out and shot this one. This was Sunday, December 14.







I really enjoyed the snow that week. This is a shot out the slider in my office. I overlook a salmon hatchery. The yellow building is the main post office, on the other side of the creek from me.






The snow just kept coming! I don't have any more pictures from work, but as the week progressed, and into this week, the snow in the parking lot kept getting deeper and deeper, until only those of us with four wheel drive stood a chance of getting in and out. Luckily, half the staff is off till next year, so only half of us have to worry about it!







It snowed even more today....Olivia's chair is the little bump in snow and the table was blown over by the high winds last week, and is now buried up to it's knees. My dh almost didn't make it out of the driveway to get to work today, and my ds is stuck in his driveway, and they had to send a runner from work to bring him in. I went in today, and it's a mess out there. Rain in Bellingham, continuing snow here in Ferndale. Looks like I'm gonna have a white Christmas after all!


Here is a pic of the walkway from the front door taken about 2:00 or so. Kevin has been shoveling all week, and our driveway is clear, but the road is not. You can kinda see where they plowed one swath up the hill. That pushed MORE snow into our little "boob in the road" for us to conquer. Ah, well. At least WE have snowplows out here!


I've done all I can do for Christmas shopping. I need to bake cookies (although I doubt I will give any to neighbors this year) and wrap Olivia's presents (and a couple of Kevin's). Not going to Everett for only the second time in my life for Christmas Eve. Somehow, I'm not too upset. I'd rather wait until the weekend when the cold is done with. Should be in the 40's by Saturday. That means flooding, slush and no more ice!


Merry Christmas. Have a safe and prosperous New Year all!

1 comment:

Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Can you imagine if it stayed this way until March? :) It's a great time to get some quilting done! Stay warm! Wyfe