Saturday, November 01, 2008




So, it being the 1st of November, I thought I should check in again. Halloween was fun! Olivia had to dress up as a Saint for school, so she chose St. Cecilia, the Patron Saint of Church Music. Donna helped with her costume (okay, she did most of it!) and it turned out wonderfully!
She went to Auntie Miche's office and changed after I picked her up into her trick-or-treating outfit.
True to form, from one extreme to another, she wanted to be a vampire for Halloween, so here she is. My little princess of darkness....
We went to a party at the church instead of doing massive trick or treating (I thought it was going to rain, so we arranged to meet her friend from school there). It was a nice little party, and she and her friend, Isabella, both won prizes for best costume in their age group (1-7). They just chose two from each group. Livy was just thrilled. Afterwards, we decided to trick or treat, so we went out for about 45 minutes to the neighborhood across the street (since none of our neighbors were doing much of anything) and she got 60 pieces of candy. About 2/3 of the way around the "block" which has a park in the middle, so it's actually really big, she said, Okay, I'm done. I wanna go home. No prompting, no whining, no complaining. It was the best evening we've had in a long while. She even went to bed without a protest (of course, it was almost 9:30 - she was exhausted!).
I am working on getting the teal and purple log cabin together. Found the perfect stopper fabric, so all I have to do is wash it and cut it out. Woo hoo! Hope to forward it on to Karen soon.
Also, have a round robin block to finish up for the guild RR. We only have to do one block but it has to be embellished, so I am making a scarecrow (in keeping with the owner's "Fall" theme) and will use raffia to stick out of the sleeves and hat. Will take a pic when I'm done.
When I finish those, I have a small quilt top that I finished in September that just wants to be quilted. It's only 24x24 or something like that, so I'll do it myself. When I find the time. I even have the backing picked out and sitting with it!
Otherwise, not much new up here. Had a lovely weekend in Chelan. Didn't want to come back. Then again, I never do.....
Until the next episode....

1 comment:

Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Great costumes! Congrats Livy! Sounds like you guys had a great time. Keep on posting!
Love, K