Saturday, July 04, 2009

It's a little Toasty for the 4th!

I think I'm getting old. I have come to rely upon my air conditioner at work and in my car. It's bloody HOT! And it's not as warm today as it was yesterday!

Otherwise, Happy Independence Day to my peep(s) - my loyal reader(s). As far as I know, I only have one, but if you stumbled upon my blog by accident - be safe and have a fun light show!


So, yesterday, my friend, Aina Jones, and her daughter, Janey, came for a visit. I was so excited to see her - I haven't seen her for about 10 years. They moved to Hawaii when Janey was less than a year old. She's 10 now. Aina, dear, you haven't changed. Brat!


And to my delight, Chris came to visit too. He got to see Aina and her daughter, Janey, of whom I did not get a picture. Aina was so busy snapping pix, I forgot to!
Anway, we figured out Janey is about 5 pounds heavier than Olivia (age 6). I need to feed that girl!
Chris, bless his black stone heart, delivered my swap blocks to Karen. She posted a pic of the 6 squishies, so I know mine got there. I recognized them!
We are being very mellow today. I have to run out to the store to get a couple of things, and then we're BBQing hotdogs. I made a homemade potato salad (5 pounds of it!) and some slaw to go with. Found three Mikes Hard Lime in the garage, so they are in the fridge chillin and we hope to catch fireworks on the tv around 8:30 or so.
There they go. 4:15 p.m. and the neighborhood is getting noisy. They've been out lighting them up for a while, but now they're doing the loud ones. Guess it's time to go off to the store...
Later!

No comments: