Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!

Olivia's recital went off without a hitch. Only one poor little girl fell down on stage, and she recovered gracefully. There were an unbelievalbe number of dancers - the show actually did last 2 full hours and it was amazing the talent of the dancers - and the teachers who did a wonderful job all year teaching them! I have to admit, I cried alot - the little kids were sooooo cute! and the older kids did an amzing job. There was one part where a bunch of dads were onstage doing lifts with the high school girls. It was awesome. I ordered the video (how could I not???) and my only regret is that I didn't think to get Olivia flowers for the end of her performance. She deserved them.

After her recital, we hit the road and ended up meeting mom and Chris at the restaurant where we had 6 p.m. reservations. Dinner was good, and mom seemed to have a good time. Afterward, we went back to the house where she proceeded to rip poor Eleanor for including her in dad's obituary. She took it as a total slam to be listed as "ex-wife Eva". AND she kept trying to find out what I inherited. I'm just glad that is over.

Looking forward to shop hop - hopefully Eleanor won't schedule the memorial for next weekend. It would be just my luck....

Off to sew and such....

No comments: