Sunday, August 17, 2008

Checking in



As promised, I am checking and posting a UFO finsh....#4 - February, was the Carivale Stars quilt. Ye Merrie Cuylter (Karen O) did a wonderful job quilting it in a swirly pattern of her own making using bright verigated thread. I couldn't be more pleased! I finished it while on vacation on the Oregon Coast. I sat in a lovely house and watched a storm over the ocean while sewing down the back. Ahhhhh...Iwanna go back.


It's begun thundering just now. Love heat storms. We rarely have them here. It's out over the bay somewhere. I expect the rain to start any moment.....


In the meantime.....here is the first UFO - #1 from January done. Made of flannel, this quilt is for my father, who is currently homebound and wheelchair bound while having dialysis at home. He gets cold really easily, so I thought a snuggly might be just the thing. I will never, ever, if I can help it, do another bowtie quilt. Except I recently found a big bag of bowtie blocks in my UFO box. Argh! Again, Thanks to Ye Merrie Cuylter for such a lovely job quilting it. This one was a big stipple in cream thread on the front and grey on the back. I gave it to Dad a couple weeks ago, and he was thrilled.
I've been working on finishing some quilts to exhibit at the local quilt show in September. I'm nearly done with all 6 that I registered. I have 2 needing bindings finished, and 2 in less than complete tops. Better get moving!

1 comment:

Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Awesome! And thank you!

Can't wait to see the finished products of the ones you're working on.

Happy MONDAY!

K