Sunday, October 24, 2010

I'm alive!

Okay, it's been over a year since I last blogged. I admit - I haven't been very attentive to this process. So much to catch up on.

The rest of 2009 was rather uneventful as I recall. 2010 picked up a bit.

My mother passed away in March. On her wedding anniversary. I think she planned it that way. Anyway, it's been a pain dealing with her estate and all the various problems she left behind. I think she planned that too.

Olivia turned 7 in May. 7!

We went to Disneyland/San Diego Zoo/Seaworld/La Jolla in June. Had a fantastic time.

Then we went to the Oregon Coast for our annual trek with Kevin's family. It was fun. Very relaxing.

I came home and returned to work August 2 - to be called into Dick's office at 8:00 when I arrived and informed that I was being downsized. Last hired, first to go. He was very nice about it, and stressed it was a business decision - they are looking at cutting way back so they can retire. My reaction? Okay. Good. Time to clean out my mom's house.

Since then I have gone to Everett every Wednesday where my best friend, Karen (aka Wyfe) has been helping me muck out the homefront. Sheesh the woman had a lot of junk. Old clothes dating back to the 50s. Barrels of grains and foodstuff in every closet. Knick knacks up the wazoo. I HATE knick knacks!

So, today I have to go down and meet a gal who wants the two twin bed mattress sets. I'm going to give them to her for the cost of her trip down. SHe has a pacel of kids and no beds. It's for a good cause. Maybe she'll take the sofas from the living room too. Might be worth giving her her gas money to take them!

See, K, I finally posted! LOL!

No comments: