Sunday, February 13, 2011

Baby quilt time

I got a call on Friday around 11 am from my neighbor, Jacky, inviting me to her granddaughter's (Elana's) baby shower on SUNDAY (that's today) at 1. Jacky and Richard, a nice couple of brits, have raised Elana since she was about 2. I've known Elana since she moved in with them...but haven't seen her but once since I found out she was preggers. I didn't even know if it was going to be a girl or a boy...until Thursday evening when she happened to be outside and I saw her. So....I decided she needed a baby quilt. I will bring the top to her at the shower today and quilt it up in the next couple of days.
Karen reports she is done quilting the auction quilt. I can't wait to see it tomorrow! I need to get a binding on it asap and photograph it for the auction committee. Wayyy cool!
Kevin and I are celebrating valentines (gasp!) with an early lunch somewhere on Monday. I have to be at the school in Olivia's class for the Valentines Day Party at 1:15 or so to set up. A few decorations, a quicky game and food. What more can they ask for?
After the party today, I am going to work on friendship blocks for the meeting tomorrow, and then the game cards I am making for the class party.

1 comment:

Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Two postings in as many months! I'm astonished! Love the 9 patch pinwheels--or whatever they call that pattern--slice and spin 9-patch...
Have fun at the shower!