Monday, February 14, 2011

Hold on to your hat, Karen!

Wow - two blogs in two DAYS! LOL! Just thought I'd report in that I went to the party. Felt kinda bad for Ehlana - only had two friends her age, her cousin (who I didn't even recognize even though I watched her grow up too), and a bunch of us old ladies there. Oh, and Olivia and Trinity - the 10 year old from across the street. Had fun visiting...was on my way to winning that "you can't say the word BABY or you have to give up your pins" game...until the very end when she was opening gifts and I slipped. Must be getting old! LOL!

Ehlana was perplexed by the cloth diapers I gave her (best burp cloth-changing pads-wipe ups I can think of!)...and she was a little underwhelmed by the quilt, but she's young, not a quilter (so she has no idea the time and energy involved), and oh-so-ready to be done with the whole pregnancy thing. Poor thing was just exhausted by the time we got to the present opening.

Off to take the girly to school. Kevin has invited me to lunch at D'Anna's - which I've never been to but always wanted to go - and then back to school to run the class party and then sell SCRIP. I"ll be spending my Valentines evening with my wyves and a few dozen of my closest friends at the Moonlight Quiters Guild meeting.

2 comments:

Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Was this the neighbor's baby shower or Sherry's daughter's shower? I saw the pictures and giggled at how many of MY friends were there, but only two of HER friends.

Qdoggie said...

It was the neighbor's.